The society are planning a trip to the historic town of Enniskillen on Friday 20th May 2016. The tour will include a boat journey and guided tour of Devenish Island, a tour by water of the island town, lunch in the Killyhevlin Hotel overlooking the River Erne, a visit to Castlecoole-the finest Palladian mansion in […]
The monthly talk will take place in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Cushendall at 8.30pm. The talk will cover the build up to the Rising, taking into account all the groups and characters involved, the polital machinations that paved the way for a rebellion, how it progressed and the aftermath. Sean Collins is a graduate of […]
Glens of Antrim Historical Society General Knowledge Quiz Cushendall Golf Club 26th February at 8pm. (Adm £3.00)
The Glens of Antrim Historical Society invite you & your guests to our General Knowledge Quiz in Cushendall Golf Club on Friday 26th February at 8pm. (Admission £3.00). Non Members Welcome.
Our next talk will take place on Friday 19th February in the Parish Centre Cushendall at 8.30pm. All welcome. (Non-members entrance fee: £3.00)
…will be Leonard Quigg, a committee member of the Glens of Antrim Historical Society, and the subject of his illustrated presentation will be “Robert Quigg V.C. – a Bushmills Hero.” Rifleman (later Sergeant) Robert Quigg was a soldier in The Royal Irish Rifles during The Great War of 1914 – 1918 and he was awarded […]
The January talk will take place on Friday 22nd in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Cushendall at 8.30pm. The speaker is Leonard Quigg. Everyone is welcome to attend, non-members adm £3
The Historical Society, Mill Street Cushendall will be opened on Friday 4th December 6 – 8pm. Come in and see our great selection of books, an ideal Christmas present would be our new publication ‘Green Glens and Golden Memories’ priced £15. Free mulled wine and mince pies! Everyone welcome
The Glynns volume 43 is now available to download or in hard copy from the office £10 plus £3 p&p( uk only). Europe, USA and Australia postage on request.
Leo Keohane will give the talk on Friday 20th November in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Cushendall at 8.30pm. “Captain Jack White, D.S.O.- An Alternative Irish History” Everyone welcome, non members admission £3
As part of the Uillean Piping week-end 25th – 27th September, on Friday 25th there is a talk in the Boat Club at 7.30 for 8pm by Martin Dowling from the School of Music at Queen’s, ‘The Gaelic League, the Feis Ceoil and the Pipers’ – £2.00. Also there will be a display in Danny […]
Next Society Lecture
Latest Society News
- Day Trip to Enniskillen Friday 20th May 2016
- Glens of Antrim Historical Society General Knowledge Quiz Cushendall Golf Club 26th February at 8pm. (Adm £3.00)
- “A CENTURY OF THE LIMESTONE INDUSTRY IN GLENARM” Gerard Muldoon
- January Lecture: The speaker on Friday 22nd January…
- ‘Robert Quigg V.C. A Bushmills Hero’
Latest From The Glynns Archives
- ‘Easter Manoeuvres- A Call to Arms’ Fri 22nd April at 8.30
- ‘The Gaelic League, the Feis Ceoil and the Pipers’: Talk by Martin Dowling Q.U.B School of Music. Boat Club Cushendall. Friday 27th September 7.30 for 8.00pm start. Admission £2.00. All Welcome.
- Lady Frances Anne Vane’s County Antrim Estate: By Jimmy Irvine
- THE CAMPELTOWN CUSTOMS RECORDS by Jimmy Irvine
- HURLING IN ANTRIM by Seamus Clarke