The Historical Society, Mill Street Cushendall will be opened on Friday 4th December 6 – 8pm. Come in and see our great selection of books, an ideal Christmas present would be our new publication ‘Green Glens and Golden Memories’ priced £15. Free mulled wine and mince pies! Everyone welcome
The Glynns volume 43 is now available to download or in hard copy from the office £10 plus £3 p&p( uk only). Europe, USA and Australia postage on request.
Leo Keohane will give the talk on Friday 20th November in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Cushendall at 8.30pm. “Captain Jack White, D.S.O.- An Alternative Irish History” Everyone welcome, non members admission £3
As part of the Uillean Piping week-end 25th – 27th September, on Friday 25th there is a talk in the Boat Club at 7.30 for 8pm by Martin Dowling from the School of Music at Queen’s, ‘The Gaelic League, the Feis Ceoil and the Pipers’ – £2.00. Also there will be a display in Danny […]
‘The Gaelic League, the Feis Ceoil and the Pipers’: Talk by Martin Dowling Q.U.B School of Music. Boat Club Cushendall. Friday 27th September 7.30 for 8.00pm start. Admission £2.00. All Welcome.
(This article first appeared in The Glynns Vol. 3, 1975. It is presented here with additional hyperlinks and photographs) By the kind permission of Lord Antrim, I had been at work for some time on papers stowed away in the Estate Office at Glenarm. To go there and read, meant a run of only two […]
Annual General Meeting Friday 18th September 2015 at 7.30pm. St. Mary’s Parish Centre, Cushendall. This year the AGM will be followed by a musical recital. Our Chairman Frank Rogers will then launch The Glynns volume 43. The evening will conclude with light refreshments.
This article first appeared in Volume 4 of The Glynns in 1976. It is presented here with additional photographs and hyperlinks. The Campbeltown Port Customs Records consist of outgoing letters from the Collector of Customs at the port to the Board of Customs at Edinburgh, together with further volumes of incoming directives and enquiries from […]
Next Society Lecture
Latest Society News
Latest From The Glynns Archives
- ‘The Gaelic League, the Feis Ceoil and the Pipers’: Talk by Martin Dowling Q.U.B School of Music. Boat Club Cushendall. Friday 27th September 7.30 for 8.00pm start. Admission £2.00. All Welcome.
- Lady Frances Anne Vane’s County Antrim Estate: By Jimmy Irvine
- THE CAMPELTOWN CUSTOMS RECORDS by Jimmy Irvine
- HURLING IN ANTRIM by Seamus Clarke
- Memoirs Of The Geological Survey: To Accompany Sheet 14 Of The Maps Of The Geological Survey Of Ireland: Symes R.G. & McHenry, A. With Palaeontological Notes By W.H Baily. Dublin (1886)
- Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, November 29, 2015
- McGavock November 23, 2015