|
LAMENT FOR SEAMUS BHRIAIN MAC AMHLAIGH
|
Jack McCann |
Remembering Jim McAuley, the last native Irish speaker in the Glens. |
|
|
LEMNALARY (part 1 ) A HOUSE ON THE ANTRIM COAST AND THOSE WHO LIVED IN IT
|
Jimmy Irvine
|
History of the house, tracing former owners from 17th century; with family tree of the McCollums’ |
|
|
THE SURNAME MAC CAUGHAN IN N. ANTRIM |
Brian S Turner |
Tracing the name from 17th century records; Scottish connections. |
|
|
PATRICK ADAIR OF CAIRNCASTLE 1624 – 1694
|
Seamus O’Saothrai
|
Account of the life of Patrick Adair, the first historian of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland. |
|
|
EXTRACTS FROM A DIARY WRITTEN DURING A SCIENTIFIC TOUR OF CO. ANTRIM IN 1806
|
Samuel Wright (amateur geologist and fossil collector). |
Account of a journey from Belfast, up the coast to Coleraine, examining the geology and mineralogy of the area. |
|
|
DANISH TROOPS IN THE GLENS |
Jimmy Irvine (from a manuscript of 1690) |
Infantry and cavalry regiments of Danish troops quartered in Larne, Cairncastle, Layd…waiting for the arrival of King William in the run up to the Battle of the Boyne. |
|
|
A BALLYMONEY MEETING OF 1913 – A NATIONALIST MIRAGE ?
|
J R B McMinn |
Anti Carson meeting in Ballymoney; Capt. Jack White,Roger Casement; preparation and aftermath. |
|
|
TEMPLASTRAGH |
J Fred Rankin
|
History of these ancient chuch ruins from 18th century; graveyards at Ballintoy, Dunseverick, Portbradden. |
Survey of the gravestones. Photograph of incised stone set in the wall |
|
HORSE SKULLS AT BAY FARM COTTAGE CARNLOUGH |
Jim Mallory and Finbar McCormick
|
Found during renovations to cottage; speculations as to date and purpose – ritual sacrifice, or acoustic enhancement? |
|
|
PLACENAMES N CO. ANTRIM FOR THE PARISH OF SKERRY |
Cahal Dallat
|
As before; English –Irish –translations. |
|
|
A MINIATURE OF PHIL GIBBONS OF CARNLOUGH c 1800 |
Jimmy Irvine
|
Builder of Carnlough’s Low Pier; ( see Vol.10 )
|
Photo of miniature |
|
ORDNANCE SURVEY MEMOIRS FOR THE PARISH OF LOUGHGUILE CO. ANTRIM 1835
|
James Boyle. |
Including table from Loughguile Dispensary, showing list of cases, diseases, and cures. |
|
| Reproduction of sketch of Cushendall dated 1856, donated in 1944 by a Lieut. Col.Deacon. | |||
|
IRONSTONE MINERS AND RAILWAYMEN IN LAYDE PARISH REGISTERS 1840 – 1920
|
Compiled by Jimmy Irvine. |
Names and occupations of the miners and railwaymen. |